DAY 167 – Phase 1 check, Phase 2 on the way

24th July 2011 – It is a quiet Sunday afternoon as I decided to write down what is going on. Obvious from my previous post, the chemo is over. I went for a CT scan and then, a week later, for another one. The second one was to pinpoint exactly where the radiotherapy should focus. I am doing all of this in my hometown.  I did not quite know what was going to happen, but pepped up by the success of the chemo, I boldly walked to hospital. Besides a quick CT scan, they also created a plastic perforated fixating mask for me – an exact shape of my head and upper torso – it is all to ensure I don’t move during the radiotherapy, as a centimeter missed might mean the X-rays will hit my brain and I don’t want that by any means.



The CT revealed that only 10% of the evil cells are left in my body. I wonder, is it a lot? Is it just fine? Gladly, it is considered success by my onc. OK, so what now I thought. Let’s do the radiotherapy before the malignant cells feel like spreading again. But I must wait now. Wait, what? Yup, I have to wait since the waiting list is not short. Well, I smiled and told the nurse to look up my diagnosis, I am being treated from cancer and cancer does not wait. A few moments later, it was clarified to me that all of the patients waiting for the radio are suffering from cancer, too. When you stop for a moment and think about it…hmmm….at least, I didn’t have to wait for the chemo and that’s the cornerstone of my treatment.

I am now awaiting a call from a doctor responsible for the radiotherapy to schedule my further treatment. Let’s wait then…

In the meantime, let's paint the town red ! :) 

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára