DAY 42 - the second chemo

…back from my second chemo. I am scheduled for 8 cycles, so there are 6 left. That means one fourth is over. That feels great. I really hope I will send the cancer packing! I also underwent EKG, heart sonography and tests of my lungs.

Fortunately, I am feeling way better than I did after the first chemo. I only experience very slight dizziness and that’s it. I have even been able to play my drums, but I try not to strain myself too much. I have just read an article about the chemo regimen that is given to me.  It is called ABVD – an abbreviation of four different chemicals. I will post some specific details. It is a kind of a strange feeling to see an orange liquid flowing into my veins, which I read is the most aggressive one. The others are transparent. They pumped 1.7 liters of it into my blood stream. I heard some patients even get 3 liters. Considering that the volume of blood in the human body is around 5 liters, 3 liters sounds like a lot, but the redundant liquid flows out of the system very quickly, while the effective chemicals are retained within the body.

I guess I haven’t fully realized yet that I am fighting such ugly disease. I don’t know. It’s the power of the mind. Maybe I can’t admit it. But the good thing is (that is helping me a lot) that besides the support from my family and friends, I was assigned a very friendly and nice doctor. The staff at hospital is very kind to everyone. At first, I was a bit scared, I’d expected only gloom and hopelessness, but nothing like that. Everything seems like a regular hospital and even the chemo isn’t a big deal, it’s like patients are in a line, and nurse calling “next”, so to speak.

4 komentáre:

  1. Make sure the doctor doesn't swap the ABVD with his orange juice. U'll be fine, but I'm concerned about his health then...

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  2. Tento komentár bol odstránený autorom.

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  3. Tomi, it´s interesting how patient feel the adverse reactions. The pharmacologists know it only so theory. Every patient feels the reaktions differently. When you will be absolutly healthy and "real orange juice" will drink only from glass we could together write about this.
    Keep well, brave heart!

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť