DAY 16 – Take the rough with the smooth

I have to express my absolute content with the surgery. Everything was great, but on the other hand, my stay in my ward was not that smooth. I do not want to seem to be grumbling like an old fart. Constant banging of the main door just prevented me from getting a minute of rest. But then the personnel was more cautious when I asked a nurse if I’d been really the only patient constantly bedeviled by the horrible sound. Now, I realize that, of all patients, I was the only one under 60 of age :) So, I guess the others just didn’t hear it or I honestly have no idea.
It is very much a known fact that I tend to care about what I eat.  I suppose, the nurses thought that I was unable to chew after the surgery so they kept ordering me only mushy food. I truly went out of my way to take it on the chin. Please, don’t want me to go into deeper details :)

I can’t go without mentioning one more thing at hospital, which, frankly, took me aback. Everybody was woken up at 6.00AM every day so that a cleaning lady could take about 15 seconds to mop the floor in my ward. I was left awaken and a bit scared wondering what it was supposed to mean. I know that Slovakia is still combating the communist mindset, but I think waking up patients one day after surgery early in the morning just to mop the floor was a little over the top. Nothing would have happened if she had come 1-2 hours later. Plus, if she had, she wouldn’t have had to switch on the lights, because, in the meantime, the sun went out (save the planet :). But anyway, I respected the well-established rules and kept looking forward to being released, since the state of my health was improving by leaps and bounds. 
Paradoxically, this biopsy was only the beginning…

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára